Saturday, July 9, 2011

Profile: Amanda Talley

I love this picture of Amanda (taken in her former studio) with her sweet pup Phil. 

This week I will begin introducing the artists that I have already posted on selectively curated.


Today, I am introducing New Orleans artist Amanda Talley. Amanda was my roommate while the two of us studied at the Savannah College of Art and Design. So, I remember when (almost the very moment) she became an abstract painter. We were sitting at our kitchen table in our townhouse on Barnard Street and I said, "Amanda, you could do really well. People like this kind of work." 


Indeed, Amanda found her niche and her career has been soaring ever since. Her paintings are beautiful and if you look carefully as you are perusing through one of your favorite decor and design magazines you just might see her work, which has been featured in, among others, Veranda and Southern Accent as well as a holy host of interior design blogs. 


What I love about Amanda is that she leaves no stone unturned. This year, she began producing her own fabric line, which is fabulous. Personally, I cannot wait to make an order. My pattern of choice is Magazine. Let this be just one more reason to learn to sew. Yes, mother, I promise.


I have swiped a few more images off the net just to let you see how amazingly Amanda's work transforms an interior space. 




from Southern Accents 
from Swedish Interiors

2 comments:

  1. I feel certain I've come across Amanda's work somehow. Fresh and light, feel good spirit in it.

    Enjoying your new blog, Shannon. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina!

    Yes, Amanda's work is "fresh and light" and filled with great spirit just like her. And I am not being partial either. I promise.

    I am sure you have come across her work. Like your own work, it is very popular within the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete